The Uriah Heep are an English rock band born in the early seventies.
Originally the band name was The Stalkers, Spice and then subsequently changed after the addition of keyboards (before Colin Wood and Ken Hensley), in Uriah Heep, as suggested by their manager Gerry Bron borrowed from this character in the novel by Charles Dickens David Copperfield.
The first line-up included Mick Box (guitar) David Byron (vocals) and Paul Newton (bass) as the main elements of the group that is constantly changing drummers, until in 1970 they released their first work called Very 'umble Eavy where at the very ... Battery alternated first Ollie Olson (then drummer with Elton John that was more a close friend of David Byron) and then Alex Napier. In 1971 Salisbury
out, a rock opera monumental, especially for the suite of the same name played 16 minutes together with an orchestra of 24 elements that grandly concludes the disc. Also note Bird Of Prey, surely the progenitor of an entire genre in the late eighties will be defined as Epic Metal.
A feature of the band is certainly the interweaving of voices that make up melodies effect, a method widely used especially in the first year for both pieces "Prog" and for the most beautiful rock as in the Rock and Roll Medley Live album ( 1973).
Always Look At Yourself out in 1971: the band's sound becoming heavier (Look At Yourself, Shadows of grief) and in some cases even "dirty" (Tears In My Eyes, Love Machine), but the disc are also tracks such as July Morning (with a moog solo by Manfred Mann) and What Should Be Done, a splendid example of their softer side. In those years, the Uriah Heep are led by multi-instrumentalist Ken Hensley that in addition to playing organ, piano, moog, etc.. and sing, is offered as a second guitar (mostly slide) to many songs of the most violent impact.
In 1972 he released what is called by many the masterpiece of Uriah, Demons & Wizards album that we no longer find neither Newton nor Paul Ian Clarke (drums) have been replaced by former bassist of Keef Hartley, Gary Thain and drummer Lee Kerslake.
The band is so its education more classic, which will also record The Magician's Birthday (1972), Live (1973), Sweet Freedom (1973) and Wonderworld (1974), in 1975 Gary Thain will be excluded from the group in favor of John Wetton (King Crimson and many other groups) because of problems with heroin, of which Gary abuses continue and that he died the same year.
From "Wikipedia"
Dedicated to the memory of Mauro (04.08.1961-31.05.2004)
Wise Man
I sat before the wise man in the autumn of my youth
And I Told HIM All The Things I Had to know
He said you heard the future if you need to find the truth
And In His Eyes That I Saw It Was I
So I came around and asked HIM The Meaning of live
And I Smiled as he saw a twinkle in His eyes
He said with all his years there's still so much he has to learn
And once again, I saw that it was so
Keep on living low and wanting for your turn
Is the only way to ease your concern
If you want to find your dream for sure
You don't wake up too soon
And you'll find that he's a shooting for the moon
Wise man, wise man
Which way should I run
There's so many roads, so many ways to turn
I'm like a blind man, lost in the sun
I wanna be like you and be a wise man too
But I'm looking for an easy way to learn
Wise Men
I sat near the wise man in the autumn of my youth
and asked him all the things I wanted to know
He said you hear the future if you want to find the truth
and in his eyes I saw that was so
So I went and asked him the meaning of life
and smiled as I saw a twinkle in his eyes
said all his years he had still so much to learn and yet
Once, I saw that was so
continues to live modestly and wanting for your time
is the only way to alleviate your concerns
if you want to find your dreams
certainly do not wake up
too early and you'll aim for the moon to
Wise Men, Wise Men
how I have to run
there are so many roads, so many ways to turn
are like a blind man , lost in the sun
I want to be like you and be a wise man I
but I'm looking for a way easy to learn.
Originally the band name was The Stalkers, Spice and then subsequently changed after the addition of keyboards (before Colin Wood and Ken Hensley), in Uriah Heep, as suggested by their manager Gerry Bron borrowed from this character in the novel by Charles Dickens David Copperfield.
The first line-up included Mick Box (guitar) David Byron (vocals) and Paul Newton (bass) as the main elements of the group that is constantly changing drummers, until in 1970 they released their first work called Very 'umble Eavy where at the very ... Battery alternated first Ollie Olson (then drummer with Elton John that was more a close friend of David Byron) and then Alex Napier. In 1971 Salisbury
out, a rock opera monumental, especially for the suite of the same name played 16 minutes together with an orchestra of 24 elements that grandly concludes the disc. Also note Bird Of Prey, surely the progenitor of an entire genre in the late eighties will be defined as Epic Metal.
A feature of the band is certainly the interweaving of voices that make up melodies effect, a method widely used especially in the first year for both pieces "Prog" and for the most beautiful rock as in the Rock and Roll Medley Live album ( 1973).
Always Look At Yourself out in 1971: the band's sound becoming heavier (Look At Yourself, Shadows of grief) and in some cases even "dirty" (Tears In My Eyes, Love Machine), but the disc are also tracks such as July Morning (with a moog solo by Manfred Mann) and What Should Be Done, a splendid example of their softer side. In those years, the Uriah Heep are led by multi-instrumentalist Ken Hensley that in addition to playing organ, piano, moog, etc.. and sing, is offered as a second guitar (mostly slide) to many songs of the most violent impact.
In 1972 he released what is called by many the masterpiece of Uriah, Demons & Wizards album that we no longer find neither Newton nor Paul Ian Clarke (drums) have been replaced by former bassist of Keef Hartley, Gary Thain and drummer Lee Kerslake.
The band is so its education more classic, which will also record The Magician's Birthday (1972), Live (1973), Sweet Freedom (1973) and Wonderworld (1974), in 1975 Gary Thain will be excluded from the group in favor of John Wetton (King Crimson and many other groups) because of problems with heroin, of which Gary abuses continue and that he died the same year.
From "Wikipedia"
Dedicated to the memory of Mauro (04.08.1961-31.05.2004)
Wise Man
I sat before the wise man in the autumn of my youth
And I Told HIM All The Things I Had to know
He said you heard the future if you need to find the truth
And In His Eyes That I Saw It Was I
So I came around and asked HIM The Meaning of live
And I Smiled as he saw a twinkle in His eyes
He said with all his years there's still so much he has to learn
And once again, I saw that it was so
Keep on living low and wanting for your turn
Is the only way to ease your concern
If you want to find your dream for sure
You don't wake up too soon
And you'll find that he's a shooting for the moon
Wise man, wise man
Which way should I run
There's so many roads, so many ways to turn
I'm like a blind man, lost in the sun
I wanna be like you and be a wise man too
But I'm looking for an easy way to learn
Wise Men
I sat near the wise man in the autumn of my youth
and asked him all the things I wanted to know
He said you hear the future if you want to find the truth
and in his eyes I saw that was so
So I went and asked him the meaning of life
and smiled as I saw a twinkle in his eyes
said all his years he had still so much to learn and yet
Once, I saw that was so
continues to live modestly and wanting for your time
is the only way to alleviate your concerns
if you want to find your dreams
certainly do not wake up
too early and you'll aim for the moon to
Wise Men, Wise Men
how I have to run
there are so many roads, so many ways to turn
are like a blind man , lost in the sun
I want to be like you and be a wise man I
but I'm looking for a way easy to learn.
0 comments:
Post a Comment