Friday, April 20, 2007

Disconnection Of Phone Letter

Cesano di Roma, April 20, 1982 ...

My military service began with the course for Cadet Officers of Complement in the barracks in Cesano di Roma, 107 ° Corso AUC, five months of suffering to get the much sought after by Lieutenant Stelletta, which carry out the remaining ten months of naja.
The memories of that period are many and range from those purely for training those sentimental friendships "broken" ...
The week before my departure was particularly intense at that time I was working in the training room and as a representative for the AMC, I had just finished the story with Cony and in theory I would have liked to remain free for the period military - Even though the new report helped me a lot to overcome the difficulty of the course (but this does not speak).
The time limit was set to appear in the barracks at 18.30: depart from Porta Nuova at 5 am, I went with the member, the trip to Rome can not remember almost anything, even though I had brought something (what?) From read, on arrival at Termini had a few hours before the time coinciding with the club that would take me in Cesano and took the opportunity to go to the barber to the station (my hair was a bit ' long and I was hoping that a short cut would save by smoothing ... in vain).
The train landed me at Cesano station (I thought I would become very familiar, but others took the train only twice, once to go to Rome and Viterbo to go, luckily I took the 127 and began to move with that), from where paths the long trail that leads to the barracks and I showed up around 18.
In the courtyard birds were students (sharpshooters) already running, yet civil suits; aspiring paratroopers were already on the ground to pump (make ups) ; official paratroopers spent trying to recruit all 'Last time a few students, and we all placed to scream out loud "yes sir" to an inch from the face of non-commissioned officers who interrogated us (the training scenes of "An Officer and a Gentleman" give a good atmosphere).
Once assigned in the room (mine was the largest, 32 beds), we had to wait contrappello with the inspection of the room (as it was then for all other nights, for 5 months ...), verify the cleanliness of their own bed, cabinet inspection (sometimes), all jackets and shirts had to be oriented in a same direction ... the examination of cleaning the edges of the lockers and when they wanted to jam, sill outside the windows. .. obviously if there was dust were taking the days of punishment.
in turn had to be a responsible as the head-camera (and here I open a long period)
by a lucky coincidence, I was head waiter of the month of July ... and in July for a lucky coincidence, I was responsible for a week NCC (Control Unit Kitchens) ... The third lucky coincidence was that Sunday, July 11, 1982 Italy won the World Cup in Spain ... the fourth was happy coincidence that on Monday 12, at 5 am, there was a company that was going to shoot, and then at 4 had to open the kitchen and prepare breakfast for them, all this has caused the following sequence of events : A TV was placed on a cabinet and the game was looked at together in a corridor, the scene of excitement caused by the victory lasted well into the contrappello (including officers, however, we made a particular contrappello that night!) and once in the room, there were still some sbrandate and retaliation that not ended, however, prevented from sleeping at all ... after some of my warnings have fallen on deaf ears (I still risked as head-room), slightly exasperated also thinking about having to wake up a couple of hours later, I got up and sbrandato all 31 of the dormitory, including the ' friend Joshua, taken away from the bed, all I sbrandati once threatened that the first one was still risky get out of bed ... while returning to my seat, I've heard of attempts to resume the revelry and to "draw attention" I threw a stool (of metal) against the row of lockers (metal) ... the fact that the stool will be "planted" with a leg in a cabinet did make the rest of the room that had just time to sleep ... Two or three hours after I got up to go to open your kitchen to cooks-foot (I was to have the keys as responsible), then for another hour I had nothing else to do (for breakfast until the influx of company that was going to shoot) and I remember that I started sleeping on a bench-fridge ...
the head waiter had to "present force "officer who provided the service contrappello indicating the number of present and absent the justification for (in the infirmary, on leave etc. ...); returning to the first night, we made the contrappello in civilian clothes and even then If we had to scream a series of "yes sir".
The last thing I remember that the chamber is concerned that, in view of our sworn in on 23 May, were in progress of painting and restoration of buildings, in the dorms tubes of the scaffolding went into windows and prevent its closure, so for about a month we slept with the windows open and the temperature was mild, mainly because of the cold wind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment